Food and boats can sometimes be a tricky combination. Sometimes, it's tough to find recipes that are as mess-free and easy as they're marketed as. So, here are some of my favorite drink and appetizer recipes that are sure to wow your guests while being practical and clean.
1. Rum Runners. Absolutely delicious and a super refreshing addition to any outing. Here's my tried-and-true recipe straight from the Florida Keys. There's even some cool background information that can serve as conversation starters (or enhancers) while you sip.
2. Caprese Skewers. I suppose I am a bit biased since I'm a die-hard caprese fan, but trust me, these apps will make you one too.
3. Bay Breeze. This cocktail is light, refreshing, and so, so, simple. All it requires? Pineapple juice, cranberry juice, vodka, and a lime wedge. My preference is actually to switch out the vodka for Malibu, as the coconut flavor brings out the best in the other flavors even more.
4. Summer Rolls. These rolls were made for summer, clearly; and we know why. They're incredibly light and colorful, and they're even gluten-free! In this fabulous recipe, she introduces pickled radish and carrots, and a crowd-pleasing hoisin dipping sauce.
5. Smashed Blackberry and Brie Crostini. The complementary flavors offered by this little bite of bursting goodness are to die for...just please try not to fall overboard :)
If you make one (or more) of these delicious drinks and snacks, please feel free to comment below how it went. Also, if you love your creation so much it's worthy of a photo-op (which it will be), post with the #womeninboating!